Great Eastern Trail news
Resources and tips for long-distance GET hikers
Travel blog from the 2013 thruhike and 2014 bifurcation hike of Joanna "Someday" Swanson and "Hillbilly Bart"
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Gear and beer
A smart hiker has multiple uses for the the gear that travels with them. Take my pack cover for instance:
1) protects my pack from rain or heavy brush that might damage it
2) a dry seat to eat when ground is wet
3) I can place dirty and wet clothes in it to keep cleaner dryer clothes separate
4) they come in bright orange to match the hunters attire during open season
5) placed around inflatable sleeping pad to help resist puncturing
6) the perfect impromptu beer cooler!
Labels: gear, maryland, western leg, zero day
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment